SCHEDULED AND PRIVATE TOURS
BESPOKE AND GROUP HIRE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Agreement - The details contained within the Confirmation of Booking
2. Operator - Music Heritage London Ltd, registered in England (09284577). Office 14 Perryfield Way, Richmond TW10 7SP
3. Passenger - MHL Club Member and persons invited by the lead passenger on a Scheduled/Private tour or Bespoke/Group tour passenger
4. Hirer - A group or company booking a Bespoke/Group tour.
5. Driver/Conductor/Guide - A suitably qualified person, employed or contracted by the Operator (Music Heritage London)
6. Vehicle - Car, minibus or Routemaster as required for the number of passengers on a Scheduled or Private tour or as booked for a Bespoke or Group tour as stated in the agreement.
1. Bookings. Bookings are accepted on condition that the Passenger/Hirer understands and accepts the below Terms and Conditions.
2. Quotations. All quotations are given in writing and subject to the Operator having a suitable vehicle available at the time the Hirer requests.
3. VAT. VAT is included in ticket prices and quotations which are valid for 28 days from the date of quotation.
4. Deposit. (For Bespoke and Group Hire only) On acceptance of the quotation, a non-returnable deposit of 10% of the total value is required in order to secure your booking.
5. Confirmation of Booking. Receipt and acceptance by the Operator of the Deposit (or full payment if within 1 month of hire) secures the booking. The Operator will issue a written Confirmation of Booking, by e-mail, which will include full details of the agreed hire and initiate the agreement with the Hirer. The Hirer should check the details of this Confirmation of Booking and notify the Operator immediately of any error or change requested. Bespoke or Group Hire is not confirmed until the Hirer is in receipt of a Confirmation of Booking from the Operator.
6. Balance of Payment. Balance of Payment is due 1 month prior to the date of Bespoke or Group hire unless the Operator agrees to vary conditions in writing.
7. Drivers' Periods of Work. The hours/driving periods of each Driver are strictly controlled by law. Driver's hours are planned to comply with the regulations based on the agreed details on the Confirmation. The Hirer should be aware that variations at short notice may not be possible.
8. Advance Variation of Hire. The Operator will endeavour to accommodate any requests to amend the Confirmation of Booking made in advance. Amendments accepted will be subject to Driver's Periods of Work and may be subject to additional charges. A new Confirmation of Booking will be issued for all accepted Advance Variations of Hire. If the Hirer seeks an Advance Variation of Hire which the Operator deems unreasonable or which cannot be agreed, the Operator may cancel Private or Group Hire in accordance with Cancellation by Operator below.
9. Last Minute Variation of Hire. Where a variation to the agreed Confirmation of Booking is requested on the day of Bespoke or Group Hire, the Driver must always comply with the regulations. The Driver's decision to agree to or decline changes to the Confirmation of Booking is final. If the Vehicle is detained by the Hirer or used for a longer journey than detailed in the Confirmation of Booking, the Operator will make an additional charge commensurate with the additional time and mileage.
10. Departure Times. The Driver will depart as scheduled in the Confirmation of Booking. No liability will be accepted arising from the failure of any Passenger to board the Vehicle by the scheduled agreed departure time.
11. Route of Vehicle. Unless agreed in the Confirmation of Booking, the route taken by the Driver of the Vehicle will be determined by the Operator. However, changes to the route may be deemed necessary due to prevailing road conditions and closures. Unless stated in the Confirmation of Booking the Hirer should not assume that the Vehicle will remain at the destination until the time scheduled for the return journey. The Hirer must ensure that access is feasible for a vehicle which in the case of a double-deck is likely to be 14 feet 6 inches in height, by 8 feet wide and 30 feet in length. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure access is possible at both pick-up and destination. The Company reserves the right to refuse to enter an area where access is likely to cause damage to either the vehicle or passengers.
12. Substitution of Vehicle. In view of the nature of the vintage Routemaster bus fleet, the Operator cannot guarantee that Vehicle specified in the Confirmation of Booking will be available. The Operator reserves the right to substitute a vehicle where necessary to fulfil the tour. The substitution would be made in agreement with the Hirer and no additional charge would be made.
13. Breakdown or Delay. In view of the nature of vintage Routemaster buses and local traffic conditions, the Operator cannot guarantee journey times. The Operator will schedule journey times and use its best endeavours to operate to the schedule and itinerary agreed in the Confirmation of Booking. The Operator does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time and will not be liable for any inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay, however, the Operator will endeavour to assist with sourcing a suitable alternative vehicle if possible.
14. Cancellation by Operator. In the event of an emergency or other unforeseen circumstance which prevents the Scheduled/Private tour or Bespoke/Group Hire, the Operator will return all monies paid and, without further liability, cancel the Contract. The Operator will make all reasonable efforts to fulfil the Contract using alternative vehicles or drivers wherever possible.
15. Seating Capacity. Under no circumstance will the Driver carry any Passengers in excess of the marked carrying capacity of the Vehicle. (RML 72, RF 39) Where a Conductor is on board a seat must be reserved for their use. No standing Passengers except in an emergency.
16. Passenger Conduct. The Driver, Conductor or Guide are responsible for the safety of the Vehicle and the Passengers. Their instructions
must be complied with at all times. Any Passenger whose conduct is in breach of the statutory regulations will be asked to leave the Vehicle and may be removed on the authority of the Driver, Conductor or Tour Guide. The Hirer will be responsible for any damage (internal/external) caused to the vehicle by any Passenger. The Hirer is responsible for the conduct of all passengers. If, in the driver, conductor or guide’s opinion, the Hirer or any passenger is disorderly or unfit to travel, they have the right to terminate the booking. Should this occur, no refund will be provided.
17. Food, Drink & Alcohol. Food and Drink (including Alcoholic drinks) may not be carried or consumed on the Vehicle except with the prior permission of the Operator in writing. If the Hirer wishes to consume any Food or Drink whilst onboard a Routemaster bus, the Hirer must pay a £95 deposit. If any damage is incurred to the interior of the bus or if cleaning is required at the end of the hire, the £95 deposit will be retained by the operator. If the bus is returned in a suitable condition the £95 deposit will be refunded. The operator retains the right to determine whether the vehicle has been returned in a suitable condition to refund the £95 deposit.
18. Smoking. Government legislation is that no smoking is allowed on the Vehicles.
19. Animals. Animals, except Guide or Assistance Dogs, will not be carried on the Vehicles unless the operator has given written permission.
20. Weather. The Operator will not be responsible or liable for delay or cancellation due to any adverse weather conditions, to those passengers travelling on a Scheduled/Private tour or Bespoke/Group hire.
21. Personal Property. The Operator will not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of Passenger's Personal Property which is left on the Vehicle. Any Personal Property found and recovered from a Vehicle will be held by the Operator. Collection must be arranged with the Operator.
22. Complaints. Any Complaint should be made to the Operator in writing within 7 days of the tour or Private Hire. The Complaint will be acknowledged by the Operator within 10 working days and the Operator will aim to resolve any Complaint within 28 days of receipt.
23. All Confirmation of Bookings and Hires. Scheduled and Private tours, Bespoke and Group Hire. Terms and Conditions should be interpreted subject to English Law. Any waiver by the Operator of any right under these Terms and Conditions shall not prejudice the exercise of that, or any other right. The Operator reserves the right to add or amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.